Haute Valeur Environnementale (HVE)
& Viticulture Durable en Champagne (VDC)
Agriculture High environmental value (HVE) is a certification created and supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture, Agri-food and Forestry. Which aims to promote production from farms, which voluntarily engages in approaches that respect the environment. Initiated in 2011, it is a comprehensive approach to preserving the environment which does not certify the quality of a product but the environmental quality of an operation.
the three main points of the HVE :
- Respects the ecosystem where he cultivates his vines and produces his wine : biodiversity is favored by developments in the vineyard, fauna and flora are preserved.
- Contributes to the conservation of the beauty of wine-growing landscapes, for example by naturally grassing in vineyards : the grass, flowers and vines thus from harmonious and balanced panoramas in our terroirs.
- Is attentive to all these viticultural practices with a view to minimizing its impact on the environment. The winegrower is interested in alternative but functional practices. The intervention in the vineyards is only done if necessary, giving benefits both for the planet and for the consumer.
HVE Certification !
Since December 2019, our estate has obtained HVE certification, High Environmental Value.
Every year, we improve our techniques cultivations to best respect nature while protecting our work :
- We crush our pruning wood to eliminate carbon emissions due to burning and bring organic matter to the soil.
- We use the mating failure technique on all our vines to limit the use of insecticides.
- We mainly use of controlled products to protect our vines more from natural diseases by intervening only when necessary.
- All our soils have been worked mechanically since 20 years and we grass our vines to limit erosion and promote natural soil aeration.
- We preserve and maintain the hedges around our vines to promote the diversity of insects and animal life.
The HVE certification rewards the efforts made in recent years and we continue to improve our cultivation practices to limit our impact on the environment.
La Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne is the application to viticulture of the principles of sustainable development. It is a voluntary approach that is based on the daily commitment of Champagne winegrowers around 3 areas of action :
The three lines of action :
What we do :
- Control of products and their potential effects on health and the environment.
- The preservation and enhancement of terroirs, biodiversity and landscapes.
- Responsible management of water, effluents, products and waste.